FOOD BLOG 6: EASY PEASY EGGLESS CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA BREAD
Do you ever find yourself with a few overripe bananas on hand and you don’t know what to do with them? Look no further – the answer is EASY PEASY EGGLESS CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA BREAD!
I try to use at least a banana a day in either my FESTHUND-TASTIC FLOURLESS BANANA PANCAKES, FESTHUND-DELICOUS HEALTHIER BANANAS FOSTER, BLISSFUL BANANA RAISIN CINNAMON CHIA PUDDING, or BLUEBERRY SUPERFOOD MATCHA SMOOTHIE. However, every once in a while, I end up with a few extra over-ripe bananas on hand – and sometimes no eggs because I’ve used them all on the FESTHUND-TASTIC FLOURLESS BANANA PANCAKES – and that is exactly how I came to make this EASY PEASY EGGLESS CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA BREAD RECIPE! Any bananas will do, however, the more over-ripe the bananas, the better – because they will be more flavorful and add the perfect touch of sweetness to your banana bread – and I love my sweets!
Have some bananas that aren’t overripe yet? Here’s an easy trick to quickly ripen them!
*Put whole bananas with the peel on right in the oven – I put mine directly on the middle rack, but you can use a baking sheet if you prefer – and this helps if they happen the peels happen to pop open. Leave the bananas in the oven about 10 -1 5 minutes while the oven is heating up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit for your banana bread! Grab your oven mitts and remove the perfectly ripened bananas from the oven! Be careful when removing the peel to mash them – or let them cool before mashing!
EASY PEASY EGGLESS CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA BREAD RECIPE:
Note: This recipe can be split in half to make one small banana bread loaf
1¼ cup all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
3 - 4 small or medium sized overripe* bananas
¼ cup of melted butter – can substitute with vegan butter
optional ¼ - ½ cup chocolate chips – adjust to your preference
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a loaf pan with spray oil or butter - or line pan with parchment paper for easy clean-up
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients – sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt
3. Melt the butter – this can be done using the microwave
4. In a separate bowl, mash the bananas with a fork
5. Combine the butter and mashed bananas
6. Add the butter and mashed banana mixture to the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly
7. If using chocolate chips – add about half here and save the rest to top the loaf
8. Pour the batter into the loaf pan and top with the rest of the chocolate chips
9. Bake until slightly browned on the edges about 45 – 50 minutes
Note: If making half a recipe or muffins, be sure to adjust baking time to about half the time or 20 – 25 minutes
Be sure to check out our other Festhund-Tastic Recipes – including these recipes that use bananas:
FESTHUND-TASTIC FLOURLESS BANANA PANCAKES
FESTHUND-DELICOUS HEALTHIER BANANAS FOSTER
BLISSFUL BANANA RAISIN CINNAMON CHIA PUDDING
BLUEBERRY SUPERFOOD MATCHA SMOOTHIE